Brown Line Metal Works BLD0212 Digital Torque Wrench Short Description
Day in and day out, mechanics routinely tighten a variety of components to specific torque values. Despite their vast experience and attention to detail, even the best and most efficient mechanic can occasionally over-tighten or under-tighten a component, leading to vehicle damage or even catastrophic failure. This Digital Torque Wrench eliminates the possibility of human error with a series of features that immediately alert the user to torque readings that are over or under entered values. Brown Line Metalworks engineered the only Digital Torque Wrench for the seasoned professional, but priced for the weekend mechanic. Brown Line Metalworks invented and patented (Patent number US 7,367,250) breakthrough technology that allows the Digital Torque wrench to deliver high-end performance and quality at an affordable retail price. Digital Torque wrench has a Double Gear Sensing System Technology (D.G.S.S.) and 8-bit microprocessor enable it to consistently produce precise torque readings of +/- 3.5 percent clockwise and counter clockwise. With a ½ inch ratcheting drive and a range from 15 to 150 Ft/lbs, our Digital Torque Wrench is perfect for automotive use. The backlit LCD screen, green-yellow-red LEDs, and an audible buzzer allows the user to precisely monitor how much torque is being applied. User can set a target torque, and can seamlessly change from Ft/lbs to in/lbs to Nm. Maximum torque applied is displayed when done, ensuring that the user knows exactly how much torque was applied. Specially engineered plastics ensure that the wrench is resistant to common automotive oils and chemicals.
Day in and day out, mechanics routinely tighten a variety of components to specific torque values. Despite their vast experience and attention to detail, even the best and most efficient mechanic can occasionally over-tighten or under-tighten a component, leading to vehicle damage or even catastrophic failure. Using a patented Double Gear Sensing System (D.G.S.S.), the Brown Line Digital Torque Wrench greatly reduces the possibility of human error with the following features.
Quickly and easily enter a “Target Torque” by using the intuitive button design. The backlit LCD will then display in real time the exact amount of torque being applied.
Audible and Visual Signals
A series of LEDs and a buzzer alert the user as the Target Torque is being approached - and then hit. This helps to eliminate over-torquing as the user is able to adjust their pull speed as the Target Torque nears. Once the Target Torque is hit, a red light and buzzer simultaneously alert the user to stop pulling.
Peak Torque Display
After applying torque to a fastener, the wrench will display the Peak Torque (highest torque value) so the user knows exactly how much torque was applied. No more guessing as to the final torque.
Double Gear Sensing System Technology (D.G.S.S.) and 8-bit microprocessor produce precise torque readings of +/- 3.5 percent clockwise and counter clockwise. And unlike a traditional “click” style wrench, the Brown Line wrench does not have to be turned down to its lowest setting when being stored. This is the biggest reason why torque wrenches go out of calibration.
At the press of a button convert from Ft-lbs to Nm to In-lbs. No more wasting time doing the calculations by hand.
A ½” ratcheting drive and a range from 15 to 150 Ft. lbs makes the Brown Line wrench perfect for automotive use — from torqueing lug nuts to doing engine work.
The Brown Line torque wrench uses specially engineered plastics that resist the most common oils, gasoline, and chemicals you would encounter in a garage. And the soft-grip overmold ensures comfort when being used.
Brown Line Metal Works BLD0212 Digital Torque Wrench Key Features
- Digital Torque Wrench has patent pending technologies like double gear sensing system and ensures repeatable accuracy of +/- 3.5 percent both clockwise and counter clockwise, accurate 20-100 percent of full scale
- Soft touch over-mold provides comfortable non-slip grip and engineered plastics ensure resistance against common garage fluids (oil, gas, etc.) and impact resistant housing
- Large backlit digital display shows both target torque and current read-out, LEDs and digital display provide visual feedback when operating wrench and buzzer creates audible feedback when target torque is reached
- Digital Torque Wrench ratchet head consist of 1/2inch drive reversible ratchet, 22-tooth gear provides an 11.25 degree arc while handling high torque loads, forged from Chromium Vanadium alloy to ensure strength and conforms to ASME B107.10.2005 standards
- Easily switch between ft/lbs, in/lbs, and Nm, automatically powers off when not in use for 2 minutes and low battery indicator
List Price: $ 120.00